Monday, January 7, 2008

still tuned in. . .

Well, I'm not in Africa anymore. I am at my mom's house where I am enjoying the speediness of dial up! It is good to be home. It is good to be with the people that I love. I have so much to write about. I was away from a computer for much of the time after we were taken to the "safe house" following the post election violence. As a result, I wrote in my journal rather than on my blog. At some point this week I will transfer those experiences to this blog so I can have everything in one place, so stay tuned!

Just wanted everyone to know that there is more to come about this Kenya story and when I get home, I will also post pictures!

Thanks for all of your well wishes and prayers. I am home. I am safe. Now, please remember to pray for the people of Kenya. I have been quite surprised since I made it home at how hard it is to find news about Kenya on TV. I finally realized why. . .there seems to be good news which is not too good for ratings. It seems that the opposition party have called off the rallying and are looking to have some peace talks with the government. They are still in dispute about whether or not they need a mediator for those talks, but it looks promising and life seems to be getting back to normal. Of course there is still lots to clean up, but things are looking up.

more to come.

No comments: